PDA

Просмотр полной версии : After radiojodterapii.

alex-sm
01.09.2004, 19:30
Good afternoon.

-------------

After a total thyroidectomy and limfadenektomii (papilljarnyj a cancer of a thyroid gland + regionarnye metastasises in lymphonoduses of a lateral triangle of a neck) my wife therapy by a radioiodine (a dose 2 as I have understood, nearby 80) has been appointed or nominated.

As to the treatment, all is clear. But, unfortunately, after consultation of the treating doctor-radiologist there was not clear a question, concerning or touching isolation of the patient after this therapy (duration of a finding in a hospital makes 3 days from Monday till Thursday-morning).

On the one hand, in the instruction given out to us it is spoken that the patient should be isolated, extremely having limited contact to relatives (especially children) for 5-7 days since day of an extract.

On the other hand, the doctor has commented on this instruction so: it is a question that the patient should not sleep at night in one bed with the child, it is not necessary to swing or pump hours on arms or hand, etc. And that only in the first 2-3 days.

---

It would be desirable to understand all the same how more correctly to enter the given situation.

If the information of an instruction is a reinsurance (calculated on certain *quot; ???oy?*quot; a dose of a preparation, to alive people not appointed or nominated) separation from mother for 2 weeks is strong enough stress for the child. Though, on the other hand, no stress can be more important, than the health of the child lost at its or his contact to radiation.

In general, it is necessary not so much your advice or council (the decision all the same to accept to us), how much the qualified opinion concerning isolation of patients after radiojodterapii.

I shall be grateful for any information.

I am sorry for trouble.

Yours faithfully,

Smirnov Alexey

yananshs
For rasscheta time of restriction of contacts to adults, children, newborn, etc. (under our specifications, not on Russian) it is necessary still the nobility of % of capture in iron or gland. But it or him in Russia define or determine after therapy (at us up to). Basically, without rasschetov, weeks of restriction of contact to the child will be enough. If an apartment small and the child is small so, that it is difficult to him to explain, why it is necessary to steer clear of mum, nedelka at the grandmother - an ideal variant.

From physics - the more the distance from the patient and is less time of contact, the less received dose.

Alexs77rus
Excuse, that I interfere not with the subject, simply it would not be desirable to dig out an old long branch.:)

Yana, in due time I have asked to you a question which you have passed or missed from for holidays it (seems). I shall try or taste once again.:rolleyes:

The citation:

The report from yananshs

In Rad or grey the absorbed dose is expressed. In roentgen an air dose. The first - is more important.

If you have received 70 mki, at capture in the rest of a thyroid gland of 5 %, an absorbed dose for all body - 0.2470=16.8 rads. The Absorbed dose pays off considering as scale and beta radiation.

Yana, turns out, that at accumulation from the bill of all body (as it is written in my extract) the absorbed dose of the ionized radiation will make of 6 % nearby 20 rads., and considering that while is a question of influence on alive organisms, the roentgen it almost the same is glad also, it is possible to assume with high probability, that in my case the total or cooperative exposure dose (for all time from the moment of reception before full deducing or removing I-131 from an organism) will make about 20 roentgens.

Correct for me please if I something not so has understood.

Yours faithfully, Alexey.

yananshs
Basically it is correct, it seems.