PDA

Просмотр полной версии : Dosage 131I

DimkaSh
01.09.2004, 19:30
Hello! A question mainly to Obninsk radiologists (there were data, that they visit or attend tironet) and Yana Studentsovoj. Tell or say, HOW medical dose RFP for the patient with DTZ pays off? Please, prompt where about it or this it is possible to esteem (Russian/English/French/Italian or English tongues)? All Interests: formulas, descriptions, ANY information, kasajushchaja actually a subject. The information can postit here/write in be/sent me on e-mail shaverdov a dog yandex a point ru

Here this statejku was to be found

Apjan A.S., Roziev R.A.radioiodotherap diffusive or diffuse toxic : aspects. // Med.radiol. And radiats. Safety - 2001. N.3.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

VanushkoVE
Dmitry!

Peter Ivanovich Garbuzov from the Obninsk center will advise tomorrow in ENTS Russian Academy of Medical Science.

Can approach or drop in in KDO (1 floor) by 10.30.

DimkaSh
Dmitry!

Peter Ivanovich Garbuzov from the Obninsk center will advise tomorrow in ENTS Russian Academy of Medical Science.

Can approach or drop in in KDO (1 floor) by 10.30. Thanks, Vladimir Eduardovich, but, I believe, hardly I shall have time to learn or find out much within the limits of one consultation. It would be desirable to be prepared and come to P.I.Garbuzovu already with some set of the information and concrete questions.

yananshs
In Obninsk use very long formula, I have not remembered it or her.

Often use such formula:

Dose (uCi) = (Thyroid mass [gms] x 80-200 uCi/gm) / Percent uptake

Even more often the fixed doses or sliding scale

*quot;... We recommend a fixed 7 mCi dose of RAI to be used as the first empirical dose in the treatment of hyperthyroidism, at least in Graves' disease... *quot;

Metso S at al *quot; Long-term follow-up study of radioiodine treatment of hyperthyroidism. And quot;

http: // www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi? cmd=Retrieve*amp; db=pubmed*amp; dopt=Abstract*amp; list_uids=15521969

*quot;... We concluded that the optimal 131I dose for curing hyperthyroidism is approximated by starting with 10 mCi and increasing it for unusually large glands or for special patient circumstances... *quot; RA Nordyke and FI Gilbert Jr *quot; Optimal iodine-131 dose for eliminating hyperthyroidism in Graves' disease*quot;. http: // jnm.snmjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/32/3/411? ijkey=2cda981fb21b335d20fa823432b2b7c7fcda1fc5*amp ; keytype2=tf_ipsecsha

However:

*quot;... We could not demonstrate any advantage to using an adjusted dose method. And quot; William D. at al *quot; A Randomized Comparison of Radioiodine Doses in Graves Hyperthyroidism*quot;

http: // jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/88/3/978

*quot;... the appropriate choice of radioiodine dose is most controversial with various methods for determining the I131 dosage have been employed. They are all subjects to considerable error because thyroid gland size is difficult to estimate, isotope retention within the thyroid is variable, inhomogenecity of iodine distribution in the thyroid, unequal sensitivity of the thyroid cells to the radiation. Sliding scale of radioiodine dose preferred in many literatures. Hypothyroidism is not so much a complication of treatment as an almost inevitable consequence of radioiodine therapy. The incidence of hypothyroidism is about 20-40 % in the first year after therapy, increasing by about 2.5 % per year to 50 % within 10 years. The occurrence of hypothyroidism is independent of the I 131dose given; it is due to latent nuclear damage to the replicative ability of thyroid follicular cells and inherent in the method of treatment... *quot;

DimkaSh
In Obninsk use very long formula, I have not remembered it or her.

Often use such formula:

Dose (uCi) = (Thyroid mass [gms] x 80-200 uCi/gm) / Percent uptake

Even more often the fixed doses or sliding scale

*quot;... We recommend a fixed 7 mCi dose of RAI to be used as the first empirical dose in the treatment of hyperthyroidism, at least in Graves' disease... *quot;

Metso S at al *quot; Long-term follow-up study of radioiodine treatment of hyperthyroidism. And quot;

http: // www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi? cmd=Retrieve*amp; db=pubmed*amp; dopt=Abstract*amp; list_uids=15521969

*quot;... We concluded that the optimal 131I dose for curing hyperthyroidism is approximated by starting with 10 mCi and increasing it for unusually large glands or for special patient circumstances... *quot; RA Nordyke and FI Gilbert Jr *quot; Optimal iodine-131 dose for eliminating hyperthyroidism in Graves' disease*quot;. http: // jnm.snmjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/32/3/411? ijkey=2cda981fb21b335d20fa823432b2b7c7fcda1fc5*amp ; keytype2=tf_ipsecsha

However:

*quot;... We could not demonstrate any advantage to using an adjusted dose method. And quot; William D. at al *quot; A Randomized Comparison of Radioiodine Doses in Graves Hyperthyroidism*quot;

http: // jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/88/3/978

*quot;... the appropriate choice of radioiodine dose is most controversial with various methods for determining the I131 dosage have been employed. They are all subjects to considerable error because thyroid gland size is difficult to estimate, isotope retention within the thyroid is variable, inhomogenecity of iodine distribution in the thyroid, unequal sensitivity of the thyroid cells to the radiation. Sliding scale of radioiodine dose preferred in many literatures. Hypothyroidism is not so much a complication of treatment as an almost inevitable consequence of radioiodine therapy. The incidence of hypothyroidism is about 20-40 % in the first year after therapy, increasing by about 2.5 % per year to 50 % within 10 years. The occurrence of hypothyroidism is independent of the I 131dose given; it is due to latent nuclear damage to the replicative ability of thyroid follicular cells and inherent in the method of treatment... *quot; THANKS!

And how to calculate mass, knowing volume?

And also percent or interest of capture through what period of time?

He changed from 98 % in 4 hours up to 76 % in 72 hours.

yananshs
From rasscheta 1 = 1

Percent or Interest of capture in 24 hours

To in total you kind, I go on leave for a week.

DimkaSh
*gt; *gt; *gt; *gt; Here this statejku was to be found

Apjan A.S., Roziev R.A.radioiodotherap diffusive or diffuse toxic : aspects. // Med.radiol. And radiats. Safety - 2001. N.3.

TIRONET works wonders! The day before yesterday madam Apjan A.S. has responded to this report, for what big to her thanks!!!

yananshs
Authors from Obninsk?

DimkaSh
Authors from Obninsk?

Yes, from Obninsk