PDA

Просмотр полной версии : Radioiodine or operation?

lilly
01.09.2004, 19:30
Radioiodine or operation?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!

Please, help or assist advice or council. To me 42 years. 5 years ago I had a thyrotoxicosis. Probably, in the easy or light;mild form. There were edemas of legs or foots, a tachycardia, bad state of health, analyses on hormones mismatched norm or rate (digits I do not remember). To me have appointed or nominated Mercazolilum, but I did not begin to use it or him, being afraid of a negative side effect. I all life struggle with excess weight, and with a thyrotoxicosis weight did not lose. I have borrowed or occupied in growing thin - have bought or purchased *quot; aNOia?ao*quot; and 3 months accepted products. Has grown thin for 18 kg and felt fine. I do not advertise or promote this production, simply I wish to be objective. Can, this concurrence, but a thyrotoxicosis has receded without treatment.

I in 2004 have moved to Germany, probably, the stresses connected with crossing or moving, have played the role. At me relapse, and in more serious form - a tachycardia more than 120 ud.min has begun., short attacks of a ciliary arrhythmia, a tremor, the general or common status awful, eyes have started to be stuck out or evaginate, veki strongly swell. It was surveyed, analyses were here what:

FT3 *gt; 20,00 pg/ml (2,0-4,2); FT4 6,26 ng/dl (0,7-2,0); TSH*lt; 0,01mU/l (0,27-4,2).

Results of a scintigraphy were: it is a little bit azygomorphously located. Gomogenna and intensive absorption in both shares. I do not know, whether correctly I have translated or transferred. And the following at all I do not know: Tc-Update 17,64 % are peer.

Results sonografii: volume of the right share - 17ml; left - 13ml. In the left shares - 1,5 site in diameter. In the rest - little bit non-uniform structure or frame without a picture of the centers.

The diagnosis - bazedova illness or disease. To me have appointed or nominated Thiamazolum 20 mg once a day. In 2 months analyses have come to norm or rate, but gland on a neck began to be allocated noticeably. A dose have lowered half, the doctor began to offer operation or a radioiodine. I have already agreed on operation, have appointed or nominated to August. But analyses have again worsened - became worse, than in second time, but it is better, than in the first. Unfortunately, I do not have them on arms or hand. A dose have again increased - one day the whole tablet, one day - polovinka. Operation have postponed.

At me to you questions:

1. For the first time I have done without long treatment, means, now it is meaningful to be treated for a long time medikamentozno, or radical measures all the same are required?

2. I have found this site and some similar, I read, I see, that many would prefer treatment by a radioiodine of operation. I have a choice, and the doctor has given to me is right most to solve it.

And what you would advise in my case? I have read through, that at eye signs operation is more preferable, but the risk is more, as at any operation. At me still the skin is inclined to education kelloidov. And more tell or say, whether after operation the osteoporosis can always develop? And whether the gland after operation and after a radioiodine though how much hormones develops or produces?

3. The irradiation has the remote consequences? And before a radioiodine treatment by Thiamazolum up to good analyses is necessary?

Thankful in advance to you. A lily.

Olga Jurevna, thanks that have responded. I, apparently, not there have placed the letter. Please, advise what all the same to choose: a radioiodine or operation? It is difficult to me to communicate with German doctors: still tongue I know insufficiently. And if a radioiodine, whether it is necessary to wait, while analyses will come in norm or rate?

lilly

To look or see a structure

To send the personal report for lilly

To find all reports from lilly

To add lilly in the list of friends

*2 Yesterday, 19:57

Light

THE DOCTOR

Residing: Moscow

Reports: 238

You accept radical treatment: surgical excision of a gland or treatment by a radioiodine.

Any variant is comprehensible.

After operation - lifelong replaceable therapy by a L-thyroxine. At correctly picked up dose will feel healthy.

To be afraid it is not necessary.

Olga Jurevna Demicheva

VanushkoVE
Unique restriction for carrying out of therapy by a radioiodine - presence of the site. It is necessary to spend a puncture biopsy. If the site of not tumoral nature (a nodal colloid struma) safely be solved on therapy by a radioiodine. If the site - a tumour, an output or exit one - operation.

The purpose, both operations, and therapies by a radioiodine - full excision (destruction) SHCHZH with an outcome in a hypothyrosis which is easily compensated by modern synthetic preparations levotiroksina.

lilly
Many thanks, yours faithfully Lily.

R. A. A.
The surgical intervention necessarily means a cut or section (in the subsequent a scar) on a neck, the general or common narcosis, uncertainty of an outcome of operation and the experiences connected with it or this, risk to receive complications during operation (a bleeding, problems with an exchange of a calcium, loss of a voice, the disturbance of respiration leading to applying traheostomicheskogo apertures), the postoperative period, demanding time for an aftertreatment, conservation of probability of relapse of a thyrotoxicosis and an opportunity of repeated operations. Being in the basis a conservative method, RJT by efficiency does not concede to surgical treatment. Treatment painlessly, is well transferred or carried by the majority of patients, not accompanied by any risk of consequences.

R. A. A.
Dima!

Give at once to me to not miss each other personally, as first time, having communicated only about mutual pritenzii to local drivers through the Internet:) on site MRNTS the forum works, mine e-mail and phone in *quot; FAQ*quot;. We shall be defined or determined with necessity of repeated course RJT.

Andrey Alekseevich Rodichev.

P.S. With greater or big interest read *quot; Letters from Ai????a*quot;. Is a lot of inconsistent and not absolutely objective:cool: Well good.... What house without the *quot; OaOaa?o*quot;. Long live Happy and!

DimkaSh
Long live Happy and!

Happy and... healthy!

However, it also will be Happy End:)