PDA

Просмотр полной версии : Question to a moderator

Enny
01.09.2004, 19:30
Kind time of day!

Has familiarized with the table of comparison of various methods of treatment varikotsele, privedennnoj you in one of postings and being to the address of http: // www.andros.ru/ucure/table_vce.html

I was interested by the data resulted or brought rather endovaskuljarnoj of embolization jaichkovoj of a vein.

Concerning frequency of relapses - in the literature there are data from 2 up to 16 % (in table 10-15) - naturally, all depends on arms or hand of the surgeon, definition of indications and a technique of calculation.

As to bilateral varikotsele - whether it is assured or confident, shown endovaskuljarnoe treatment to such rather infrequent patients (at least, in the methodical literature I did not meet such indication). And any treatment spent not under indications, has high percent or interest of relapses and complications. So data of 30-49 % of relapses I believe incorrect at all my respect to S.W. McCallum et al. as the percent or interest of relapses for bilateral varikotsele is not resulted or brought more for one of the listed methods. And it is absolutely not clear, whence undertakes *quot; on the average 7-25 % and quot; relapses? From 10-15 % up to 30-49 % - on the average 7-25 it does not turn out in any way.

Besides it is not absolutely clear, that such frequency of full success of operation and as she is calculated (for embolization of 60-80 %). Whether Is not present in the original of the link to a technique of its or her definition? And also on sources of the resulted or brought digits?

lla
This table is taken from Atlas of clinical urology, Vol.1 published Current Medicine in 1999

udgin
Unfortunately, there is no access to the original: (

And the table is translated or transferred literally or somehow adapted?