PDA

Просмотр полной версии : What complications from contact lenses happen?

Dims
01.09.2004, 19:30
Once for a long time read on packing or the instruction from contact lenses the printed note, that lenses can cause or call any complication described terribly enough (with the indicating at occurrence of certain signs urgently to address to the doctor).

And now I look - and anything similar I do not find.

Whether was such or I have confused something?

Xuliganka
From lenses there are many complications. All of wrong wearing.

alex0606
The most frequent complication - konjuktivit

The most dangerous - a keratitis

Magri
I use soft contact lenses of long wearing (from 8 months about one year) both color, and ordinary - already more than five years. Very conveniently! Besides has noticed, that vision if has continued to fall, much more slowly and more slightly, than before their wearing. Recently has heard such thing, that contact lenses can lead in due course almost otsloeniju retinas. Whether It would be desirable to learn or find out the truth it?

To wear glasses or do or make operation it would not be desirable at all - wearing of lenses quite arranges.

Whether it is possible to wear them without harm for eyes (at correct leaving or care!) all life?

vadimbondar
Once for a long time read on packing or the instruction from contact lenses the printed note, that lenses can cause or call any complication described terribly enough (with the indicating at occurrence of certain signs urgently to address to the doctor).

And now I look - and anything similar I do not find.

Whether was such or I have confused something?

Hello!

Contact linzy-it is good. As contact lenses bring comfort to their owner. Besides sometimes contact lizy (in difference from glasses or spots), possess not only properties of comfort, but also treat. But here speech about complications. Complications from contact lenses first of all are connected with shortage of oxygen. The matter is that our most forward lens-cornea (it is a lobby transparent obolchka which borders on fiber) has no blood vessels and consequently does not receive from them some oxygen. The cornea receives oxygen from air and by diffusion from a vascular or blood network, which raspologaetsja on edge or territory of a cornea (is deep in fiber therefore it is not visible). Also the metabolism goes and from a liquid which is inside of an eye (a watery moisture).

And so if, a cornea covers, a contact lens access of oxygen to a cornea starts to depend and on properties of a lens. Here there are on the foreground such parameters, as kislorodopronitsaemost and a stream of oxygen. Earlier was considered, that these properties depend on the maintenance or contents of water in a lens, however when manufacturers of lenses have reached or achieved the maximal maintenance or contents of water in a lens, they have understood, that with posledushchim uvilecheniem waters, these parameters do not increase or are not enlarged and still remain insufficient. There were new materials.

Manufacturers have established or installed, term of wearing of contact lenses. The reasons now - economic. The more cheaply the lens, the is more term of wearing.

Term of a lens:

Is BETTER to wear a lens with good oxygen parameters. However, the above oxygen parameters, the sootvetsvenno above and a hydrophylic nature. And the above a hydrophylic nature, the above and adhesive properties of a lens. T.e ability to absorb on itself products of an exchange and substance from the outside. Therefore in lenses with long for wearings it is artificial the hydrophylic nature is lowered, and that samy these lenses become soiled less, but they have less permeability of oxygen, but wearing is cheaper. Wearing, but above an opportunity of a hypoxia is cheaper.

In experiments it is proved, that lenses with high oxygen parameters, possess high adhesive parameters (and the best oxygen) i.e. is easier absorb in itself substances unnecessary us from the outside and from tear. However, kriticheki it becomes after two weeks of wearing. poetomu manufacturers have developed lenses of short term of wearing, on two weeks and it is less. Which possess high oxygen parameters and optimum for eyes. This most healthy wearing of lenses. However it can be it is too expensive.

And at last the most safe lenses are lenses of a something ephemeral (one day) which put on in the morning and are removed or taken out in the evening. These are the most good lenses. They even can be more economic - as they can be worn not every day and sometimes to use glasses or spots. EXCEPT FOR that there is no need for the container and a solution.

Now about complications.

The first a hypoxia.

When a cornea does not suffice kisloroda-there is a hypoxia. When there is a hypoxia, then:

1) the anaerobic way of extraction of energy Starts to prevail. The matter is that all cells require energy sources. And so the most economic and convenient it with use of oxygen, and so if is not present some oxygen, that is the additional way without oxygen in which so-called lactic acid which possesses osmotic properties is developed or produced and draws on itself an additional moisture. There is an edema of a cornea. This edema is not swept up or not appreciable by an eye, however he changes optical properties of a cornea and increasing or enlarging its or her curvature and the optics can move aside myopias. Differently there is a sensation at long wearing, that a lens not koregiruet a myopia completely. Result - depression of vision afar at long wearing a lens.

2) there Is no oxygen in a cornea. It is necessary to deliver it or him there. In reply to a hypoxia any substances are formed (what not important), which stimulate body height of vessels to deliver oxygen in a cornea. However, a cornea, bessosudistaja the environment and vessels break a transparence. Vessels on a cornea - the attribute of a serious hypoxia also meets often. (it is necessary to change lenses)

The second problems svjazanye with accumulation of any unnecessary substances.

It meets seldom as now good patients send or have passed to lenses of short term of wearing and any bad substances do not collect at them in lenses. The matter is that our tear contains fibers which are capable to collect in a lens, to change the structure or frame and to cause an allergy. Such status is very dangerous for can lead to refusal of lenses

Damage of an epithelium of a cornea. Or all that is accompanied by a pain and a photophobia. It is necessary to refuse immediately lenses and to address to the doctor.

The most terrible

The most terrible, that can be from lenses it akantamebnyj a keratitis. I do not wish to write about it or him, it is possible to find in poiskovike.

In any case, I consider or count, that lenses it is good also they can bring a lot of advantage or benefit....

Magri
to vadimbondar:

Thanks big for the informative answer!:)

You can recommend any certain firms-manufacturers of soft contact lenses with a high parameter kislorodopronitsaemosti?

For example on packing of mine KL he is not specified! And in view of a various level of the income objectively to estimate or appreciate dear or expensive lenses or cheap it is complex or difficult enough, besides them frequently sell at the price of, strongly exceeding the cost price. To cost that they guarantees that any can dearly or expensively, but! I wish to note also, that itself I wear lenses on a regular basis (glasses or spots simply integrally I do not digest!), therefore to change lenses every day or once a week inconveniently enough...

It would be desirable for them to change to an extreme measure of times in three months... Such probably to find?

If it is easy to you to look at the link, prompt, please, what lenses more or less optimum can be picked up?

And for care of them you would recommend what agent?

I use solution Renu MultiPlus (Bausch*amp; Lomb, the USA) for which clearing of protein adjournment is not required additional enzimnaja.

http: // www.zelinz.ru/type.php? param=group*amp; id=51

To you it would be very grateful!!!:)

vadimbondar
oneday jonson *amp; jonson 1 day

acuvue advance 2 weeks

Magri
oneday jonson *amp; jonson 1 day

acuvue advance 2 weeks

Thanks!

It is a pity, certainly, that there are no lenses with a high parameter of oxygen of longer term of wearing.

Dr.
And how much in day it is desirable to wear 30-day's lenses? Whether it is necessary to do or make days-breaks?:confused: at me here vision something nearby 2.25, but I see rather badly and I pass or miss many the necessary details, and lenses give a picture much better, than in glasses or spots:).

vadimbondar
And how much in day it is desirable to wear 30-day's lenses? Whether it is necessary to do or make days-breaks?:confused: at me here vision something nearby 2.25, but I see rather badly and I pass or miss many the necessary details, and lenses give a picture much better, than in glasses or spots:).

You about baushlomb???

I think it is necessary to discuss internally with the oculist proceeding from reaction of your eyes...

Dr.
You about baushlomb???

I think it is necessary to discuss internally with the oculist proceeding from reaction of your eyes...

That-that?:). I speak, that in lenses it is pleasant to me more, than in glasses or spots:). Simply interestingly, how much in day of hours them to wear it is desirable. And whether it is possible every day

vadimbondar
That-that?:). I speak, that in lenses it is pleasant to me more, than in glasses or spots:). Simply interestingly, how much in day of hours them to wear it is desirable. And whether it is possible every day

Looking what lenses...

And much depends on eyes...

acuvue advance remember advertising was on a TV set, due to hydrogel and a silicon became very comfortable and intended for wearing all day long

Magri

Has found in an Internet interesting clause or article about 30-day's contact lenses:)

http: // www.ochki.net/articles/article--13-226.html

In the bottom of clause or article there are some more links on this subjects...

In general a site very cognitive!

Dr.
acuvue advance remember advertising was on a TV set, due to hydrogel and a silicon became very comfortable and intended for wearing all day long

Not, the TV I do not look, but these lenses wore:).