PDA

Просмотр полной версии : Astigmatism

Marrying
28.04.2003, 20:44
Hello, the doctor! To me 16 years, at me have found an astigmatism in 8 years, up to 13 wore glasses, has then passed to good lenses, thus vision fell and falls till now. Now at me both eyes - 4, 25. I very much wish to perform operation! Whether it is possible to recover without operation or with what vozrastamozhno it or her to make, whether there is any risk and whether he is great?

Ophthalmolog
29.04.2003, 12:47
the Initial report from Marrying
1) Me 16 years, at me have found an astigmatism in 8 years. Up to 13 wore glasses, has then passed to good lenses...
2)... Thus vision fell and falls till now...
3)... Now at me both eyes - 4, 25.
4)... I very much wish to perform operation!
5)... Whether It is possible to recover without operation...
6)... Or from what age it is possible to make it or her...
7)... Whether there is any risk and whether he is great?
[list=1]
In you have found out an astigmatism or a myopia with an astigmatic component?
What (how much diopters) were a refraction during the moment of diagnostics? Not force ochkovyh lenses which to you have written out, namely a refraction, i.e. the optical force of lenses necessary for giving for optical system of an eye emetropicheskoj (srednenormalnoj) of a refraction.
On how much diopters in a year your refraction worsened?
How thus parameters of a ultrasonic biometry, in particular the antero-back size of an eyeglobe changed?
Somebody in family has similar problems with vision?
Describe please your way of life, bad habits, whether be engaged in sports, whether enough time spend on fresh air. Whether study. Whether perform job (tasks) in conditions of sufficient illuminating intensity? Whether your delivery is balanced, whether you receive with nutrition sufficient kollichestvo vitamins?
The Myopia of an average degree. And an astigmatic component?
You have What operation in view of?
At correction of anomalies of a refraction there is a set of ways of surgical treatment: a radial keratotomy, a tangential keratotomy, group eksimerlazernyh operations, epikeratofakija, implantation negative intraokuljarnoj lenses, implantation intrastromalnyh corneal grafts.
In any case as to the minor, you it is necessary for the person as it is necessary to discuss this question with the attending physician and parents.
If it is a true myopia to get rid of glasses or spots or lenses to you it will not be possible.
Under indications. Depends on a kind of planned operation.
As well as at any surgical method of treatment there is a certain risk and at the given kinds of an intervention. At each surgical way - the complications and the frequency of their occurrence.
[/list=1]