PDA

Просмотр полной версии : Trisomy 21

- =Vitiko =-
01.09.2004, 19:30
:confused: the Doctor on 15 week has suggested me to make a trisomy 21. Any pathologies in family neither at the husband, nor at me was not. Though there are in fact casual chromosomal deviations or rejections. I can not solve, do or make in any way or not? Whether there Are mistakes or errors at research? Also abortion on such term in case of revealing chromosomal deviations or rejections is how much possible or probable?

Thanks all in advance

mt00
Dear Cat,

And what research suggest to make?

There is a test of a blood which is safe for the child, but he only places you in group of risk, does not give 100 % of confidence. In the USA in some staffs or states this test is obligatory.

Is also amniosynthesis when the doctor enters a needle and the sample of waters around of the child takes. This test gives 100 % confidence of O?OO?o??/presence of a syndrome of the Down, but also has 0.5 % chance of an abortion of the healthy child. If you would make abortion knowing for certain that at the child is gineticheskoe disease this test is meaningful. If will wear irrespective of result in my opinion on such test of the reason is not present.

Success,

ant_fugue

seb
:confused: Any pathologies in family neither at the husband, nor at me was not. Though there are in fact casual chromosomal deviations or rejections.

The probability of a syndrome of the Down still or even depends on age. If you of 20 years - that can not worry especially if 40 - I think, it is necessary to see to it.

Katissa
Na 15 nedele kak pravilo delayut triple screen - analys krovi materi na trisomiyu po 21 i 18 chromosome a takzhe na defekti nervnoi trubki. Etot test yavlyaetsya obyazatel'nim komponentom for routing prenatal care in the USA.

Sensitrivity of the test is about 70 %. Esli test *quot; polozhitel'nii*quot; to mozhno provesti detal'nii ultrasvuk ili amniocentes.

Risk syndroma Downa konechno rastet s vosrastom, osobenno posle 35 let. Odnako kak ne paradoksal'no bol'shinstvo detei s Sindromom Downa v USA rozhdayetsya u molodih materei, potomu chto chuvstvitel'nost testa dlya nih nizhe, da i nastorozhennost ' vrachei tozhe nizhe.

Bol'shinstvo sluzhayev syndroma Downa - eto oshibka pri formirovanii yazekletki, tak chto otsutsyviye syndrome v semye nizhego ne garantiryet.

Triple screen - eto prostoi i besopasnii test, ya bi recomendovala ego sdelat '.

Mozhno ego provesti s 15 do 21 nedeli beremennosti.

lexx
Dear Elena,

You are 100 % correct, of course.

When I was writing the answer, I wanted to state very general ideas without making assumptions. For example, I have previously encountered a woman whose doctors wanted to go directly to cordosynthesis (not amnio, CORDO) based on tenuous ultrasound results without discussing the risks and the benefits of the procedure or the findings of the ultrasound with the patient. Specifically, her placenta was a little thicker than the Russian norm while the baby's nuchal thickness was fine, and there were no indirect findings suggesting Down syndrome.

Since the specific analysis offered was not confirmed in this question, I was concerned about the possibility of her being offered amnio without the benefit of the triple test. So I made my reply general enough so that the mother could ask follow-up questions. However, since she did not return, of course my answer looks unsatisfactory to whoever might be using this forum as a read-only resource. Thanks for adding the info.:-)

Sincerely,

ant_fugue

notenka
I know what you are saying.

I just wanted to bee a little bit more specific and tryed to quess what the patient means. I thought that CVS is usually done at 8-9 weeks, and amniocentesis after 15 weeks, usually starting at 16 wks. Early amnio, at 14-15 wks, has a high risk of limb reduction in the fetus. Some centers also do nuchal thickness in 1st trimester and quadriple screeen (estriol, b-hCG, AFP + PAP-a), it is about 80 % sensitive. There are very few indications for direct cordocentesis. I actually do not remember ever doing it except for intrauterine transfusions.

So after all I decided we must be talking about triple screen.

Yours, Elena.

Dear Elena,

When I was writing the answer, I wanted to state very general ideas without making assumptions. For example, I have previously encountered a woman whose doctors wanted to go directly to cordosynthesis (not amnio, CORDO) based on tenuous ultrasound results without discussing the risks and the benefits of the procedure or the findings of the ultrasound with the patient. Specifically, her placenta was a little thicker than the Russian norm while the baby's nuchal thickness was fine, and there were no indirect findings suggesting Down syndrome.

Since the specific analysis offered was not confirmed in this question, I was concerned about the possibility of her being offered amnio without the benefit of the triple test. So I made my reply general enough so that the mother could ask follow-up questions. However, since she did not return, of course my answer looks unsatisfactory to whoever might be using this forum as a read-only resource. Thanks for adding the info.:-)

Sincerely,

ant_fugue

andrej Z
I think you were most likely correct in giving a more specific answer. I was just probably being paranoid.

It's nice to meet you! I am not a doctor, but a Ph. D. student in biochemistry who is also in the process of getting a DONA doula certification. My name is Katya, and I am attending my first 2 births in September.

BTW, it seems that there is a genetic counceling center in Moscow that recommends cordosynthesis instead of amniosynthesis in the same timeframe for Down syndrome testing for mysterious reasons. They tell moms that it's more accurate. I do not know what to think given the comparative rate of fetal loss for both procedures.

Best wishes,

Katya:)

sem
Good luck with you visit to Labor and Delivery unit!

It is amazing you want to be a Dula being a PhD student. Hope you enjoy it.

I do not know of any reasons to offer cordocentesis instead of amniocentesis. The procedure itself is definitely more risky. Amniocentesis is very accurate, if time matters FISH for aneuploidy can be done, it takes about 48 hours.

Ines2004
Thank you for your kind words!

I think my interests really changed after having my daughter. Ultimately, I now wish to be a certified nurse-midwife, but that's several years away...

gvv
Zdravstvuite uvazaemie uchastniki foruma

nabludayia za vashei interesnoi perepiskoi otnositelno DS

chochetsa zadat vopros Elene

A ispolzuete li vi PGD?

Loja
kstati chochetsa obnadezit Khoshku-statisticheskaya veroiyatnost povtornogo sluchaya DS menee 1 percent

Sleng
Silver, use an option translit. Here she a button - under a window of a prompt reply. To assort your letters very hardly.

nickolay
THANKS FOR ADVICE or COUNCIL

WELL AND PGD YOU USE?

IMPORTED_IU
Dear Elena,

Sincerely,

ant_fugue

I'd like to remind you that we're in Russian discussion board so Russian language is preferred, ok?